Thursday, May 03, 2012

Mt. Batwing

This morning I was going through some early art for Hero's and laughed at some of my attempts. It's amazing what a process art can be.

For instance...

I was supposed to draw the witch's fortress. I sat down to work on it around 11 pm. By 4 am when I went to bed I thought I had come up with something cool. I still think it's cool, it was just reeeally off the mark from what the publishers were looking for.


I learned a lot in working on this book. One of the most important is to read the instructions! Sometimes I get an image in my head and just jump in without making sure I'm doing the piece correctly. The following image is what was used in the book.


One of the dangers of having a wild imagination is that you might need to hire someone to help you reign it in...

5 comments:

Petra said...

wow, looks really nice!

Steph said...

Your work is inspiring thank you for posting! :)

Kreionan said...

I find it looks really cool.

Sam Gebhardt said...

both very cool .. Which one wasn't used? the BW one?

Todd Harris said...

Sorry, the bottom one was used in the book.